General Information and Regulations for Entrants after Acceptance
1. Group Repertoire: Once selected Dance groups should give full details of their intended repertoire items on the online form provided.
2. Bursary Awards: The Llangollen International Eisteddfod believes that fees/cost must not be a disincentive for groups to consider applying. Winners at the Festival of Discovery can be considered for a range of grants from the Eisteddfod bursary fund to support groups from every background and provide the best opportunity to take part in the Eisteddfod regardless financial circumstances. Bursary information and application forms will be available to Festival of Discovery winners via the Eisteddfod website (NB: there is no Bursary support for the Festival of Discovery)
3. Competition Time Limits: Competitors can expect to be penalised if stipulated time limits are exceeded in their performance.
|Up to 30 seconds||Nil|
|30 seconds – 1 minute||1 Mark|
|1 minute – 1.5minutes||2 Marks|
|1.5 minutes – 2 minutes||4 Marks|
|2.5 minutes – 3 minutes||6 Marks|
|3 minutes – 4 minutes||8 Marks|
|Over 4 minutes||10 Marks|
4. Group Accompaniment: Groups are expected to provide their own accompanists.
5. Preliminary Tests: Details of any group competition Preliminary Tests will be given in your Official Acceptance email. If there are many applications for some group competitions, a preliminary test will be held at the organisers discretion.
6. Additional Performances: Every group may be expected to undertake an additional public performance on either of the outside stages on the Festival of Discovery site, you will be notified of these activities in your Official Acceptance NB: we may not give additional performances to all groups, the arrangements are made at the discretion of the organisers.
7. Group rehearsals: These may be booked before arrival by contacting the Organisers by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Each group will only be given a 30-minute rehearsal for each category they enter.
8. All official instruments are tuned Diapason Normal Pitch (A-440 or C-522).
9. Procedure for performances: All group leaders will receive full guidance regarding backstage arrangements via email.
10. Staging: The Festival of Discovery is held at the Anglesey Showground which seats up to 250 people. The performance area measures 8 x 8 meters. Further details regarding the site including Outside Stage dimensions will be available to accepted participants as necessary.
11. Costume: To bring a true ‘sense of place’ to our festival, groups who wear national/stage costume are asked to remain in costume throughout their time at the Festival.
12. Photography consent: In applying to take part in Festival of Discovery all applicants consent to photographs being taken of their performances at any part of the event and grant Festival of Discovery and Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod the right to use the photograph(s) resulting from the event and any reproductions or adaptions of the photograph(s) for all general purposes in relation to Festival of Discovery and Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod’s work including, without limitation, the right to use them in any publicity materials, websites, newspapers and magazine articles whenever Festival of Discovery and Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod wishes to do so.
13. Copyright: The consent required by the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988, as amended, is hereby given to Festival of Discovery and the Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod Ltd and its assigns to make recordings and/or broadcasts in sound and/or vision of all performances given at any time during the Festival of Discovery and Eisteddfod for any purpose. Additionally, all property rights subsisting in any such performance are, on coming into being, hereby assigned in totality to the Festival of Discovery and Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod Ltd and each participant hereby waives such moral rights to which they are now or may in the future be entitled pursuant to Sections 77-84 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988. In applying to take part in the Festival of Discovery and the Eisteddfod, each participant certifies that no other assignment or agreement to assign, in respect of these rights, has been or shall be entered by the participant or by representatives on his/her behalf. Unpublished works: Please ensure the correct permissions have been obtained to use any unpublished works. Published works: Please ensure that if you intend to perform any published works that you secure written permissions from the publishers to perform such works at the Festival and the Eisteddfod.
14. Selections and Adjudications: The decision of the Management Team of the Festival of Discovery and International Eisteddfod, or the Adjudicators acting on its behalf in any matter concerning the competition, is final and binding upon all parties, and this is an agreed condition of application in all Competitions. Any protest must be made in writing to the Organiser before the end of the Competition to which it applies.